Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Return of the Blogger

I've just noticed - it's exactly two years and six days since I last posted! I should probably post more frequently in future - say, every one year rather than every two.

(That's a joke, by the way!)

Having rediscovered and resuscitated my blog, I suppose I should say something about what I've been reading lately. I've just finished Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse, perfect comfort reading as the cold nights of a southern winter creep in.

Every era has its bestsellers. Most of them don't outlive their era (I look forward to the day when Dan Brown's books have been consigned to the same merciful oblivion as the works of Marie Correlli.) Wodehouse is one of the few to survive from the era between the World Wars, along with the likes of Agatha Christie and Georgette Heyer. Leave it to Psmith is his standard fare -dotty old aristocrats, cheerful young asses, bright young things and formidable aunts, misunderstandings and mistaken identities, cross-purposes and coincidences.

No comments: